CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Green Beans

I love green beans, not from the can but fresh. I had this when I spent Thanksgiving at the Parker's. Linda made it and I really liked it so I decided to make it. Well, I forgot to ask her for the recipe but I googled it and there were a gazillion recipes for this. It's easy to make. I actually made this last December and I just forgot to blog about it. It's great as a side dish.

So here it is.


Note: You are more than welcome to double the ingredients.

1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, sliced
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
sliced almonds
salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook until tender. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a medium skillet. Add shallots cook until softened. Add garlic, cook until lightly golden. Add cooked green beans and sliced almonds. Toss to combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.

2 comments:

Angel

I make mine similar with no almonds.

I have a recipe to try with parmesan and lemon that looks really good!

My father in law diced bacon up really small and browns that then throws the green beans in with it. Everyone likes that a lot (I'm not a fan of pork).

Filipino Mama

I will add some pancetta next time. =)

Post a Comment