Palitaw is a small, flat, sweet rice cake eaten in the Philippines. They are made from malagkit (sticky rice) washed, soaked, and then ground. Scoops of the batter are dropped into boiling water where they float to the surface as flat discs - an indication that they're done. When served, the flat discs are dipped in grated coconut, and presented with a separate dip made of sugar and toasted sesame seeds.
Man, wikipedia says it all! I don't have to describe anything. Haha!
So for the ingredients, you will need,
1 cup rice flour
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
1 cup shredded coconut
Boil about 8 cups of water in a large pot.
Combine rice flour and water. Mix until it forms a ball of dough. Take a tablespoon of dough
and roll it into a ball.
Then flatten it using your palms.
Drop them in the boiling water. As soon as the flatten doughs float,
that means they are cooked.
Then roll the cooked flatten dough in shredded coconut.
I used a fresh frozen shredded coconut. I would love to use fresh coconut
but I don't have a coconut grater. :(
Combine sugar and toasted sesame seeds.
You can serve it on the side or sprinkle it on top of "palitaw" or
after rolling them on the shredded coconut, roll them on the sugar/sesame mixture.
Whatever you want, works!
My homemade palitaw.










3 comments:
that looked YUMMY! gawa tayo kapag nanjan nako ok?? heheheh
That looks so good:p I love coconut too!
Wow! I never thought ganyan lang sya kadaling gawin!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!!! :D
Post a Comment