Since I moved here in Whidbey Island, I never had a different VT companion. I am not complaining. I am so grateful for Sister Parker who is a good example to me. She is a really wonderful lady. She always makes sure that we get our visiting teaching done every month. She always calls the sisters we visit to set up an appointment when to visit them and sometimes she bakes or have something for them and she gives the visiting teaching message. Yeah, I am lucky...
A few months ago, the Relief Society Presidency in my ward did some interviews. I went and asked if I have any concerns about the sisters we visit. I said, the sisters we visit seem fine. They are all very nice ladies. I said that Sister Parker is the one who makes the appointment and gives the message. Sister Gheen asked me to try to call the sisters and make the appointments and maybe give the lesson. So I said , I will try.
Last month (July), I told Sister Parker that I will call the 2 sisters we visit and make the appointment. And I DID! The first sister we visited, I gave the VT message. I was nervous. In my mind, I was like, please let me have the right words to say or I should say the right grammar so Sister #1 will understand me. It was my first time giving the message in 5 years. I was relieved when Sister #1 understood what I said. (whew!)
The second sister we visit, I messed up. Sister Parker couldn't go visit teach because she was in girl's camp. It was totally fine with me until I messed the schedule up. I thought I was gonna visit Sister #2 on a Thursday not Friday. Of course, I called her on a Thursday telling her that I couldn't visit her on Friday because I had to take my baby to her doctor's appointment. And she said, "I thought you're going to visit me today." I was speechless. Sister #2 was right. I was supposed to visit her on the day I called her. I told her I was very sorry and gave her my phone number so she can call me whenever she needs anything. I felt really bad. So I made her a card and told her how sorry I was. I wrote the VT message on the card too.
Sister Parker told me, it's ok. She told me, good thing I called Sister #2 and let her know what was going on. I told Sister Parker, I will try not to let it happen again.
I certainly learned some lesson from this experience. I am so thankful for Sister Gheen who asked me to try to schedule the visits. She told me Sister Parker would appreciate it and she did. Sister Parker is one of the nicest lady I've ever known. I've learned to check my schedule, not once, not twice but a billion times so there will be no conflicts and no confusions.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment