CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Banana-cue (Fried bananas)

Banana cue is one of my favorite street food in the Philippines. It's deep fried bananas called saba coated with caramelized sugar and skewered in a bamboo stick.

 It's really easy to make. You will need:

Saging saba. If you can't find this at any store, you can always use plantains.

Brown Sugar

cooking oil

Bamboo skewers

1. Preheat oil in a frying pan.
2. Add bananas into hot oil. Fry them until slightly brown.
3. Sprinkle about 1 cup of brown sugar. You may add more. Make sure to stir the bananas so the melted brown sugar will coat the bananas.
4. Serve on bamboo skewers with 2 bananas per stick.

ENJOY!

Linking to:  It's a keeper Thursday, What's cooking Wednesday

1 comments:

Anonymous

Hello,
I found you via Its a Keeper..This is my favorite..Banana cue..walang kupas ever! solid ako dito..lol..Im also a Filipino Mom but I belong to the category of Hot Mama (lol) as they say cause I am already 42.I bet you are a young pretty mama!I would love to follow you but I dont know what happened to our google connect,it just disappeared.anyway,I will be back and follow you. hope you can come and visit me.. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Post a Comment