Out of all the days that I could be sick, why this bug chose to be in my body when my husband is on deployment? This really sucks! I just want this to be over.
I haven't gotten sick like this in years. Headache, running nose, I want my ears to explode, coughing, my muscles are sore and my eyes are teary. It's really hard to function when I have a little one to take care and spend time with. I laid on the couch with my thick blanket on but Arianna kept on pulling my hand because she wants to play or she just wants my attention.
I got to skype with my husband yesterday who reminded me not to fall asleep while Arianna is awake. He saw me that my eyes were close and told me to wake up and I said, "I am awake. I am just resting my eyes." Lol.
I never thought that this would be hard. I can't imagine how every single parents out there or every wife/mom left at home with their children while they're husbands are deployed do it all.
Then, everytime my husband is on deployment, there's always, ALWAYS something goes wrong. Like I remember, my stove broke and I had to wait for him to come back from deployment to buy a new stove so I had to settle for a single burner portable stove. The kitchen sink got clogged up so I had to go to home depot to buy this "snake" thing. I had to google or go on youtube how to use this freaking "snake" thing for the kitchen sink. I remember when I was pregnant, husband was deployed and I couldn't start my car. Good thing my sister was with me and a nice guy offered a jump start. Had to go to Les Schwab to get a new battery for the car. Our dogs got out several times and I had to go and get them. Then, recently, when my husband was on his way to the airport, Arianna's bedroom light went out. My goodness gracious! I get nervous dealing with electrical stuff maybe because I always get electrocuted. Lol. I hate fixing stuff but I have to suck it up and do it. And the list goes on....
Everytime my husband gets deployed, it somehow makes me stronger and wiser. So far, I've learned how to change a lightbulb. Haha! I've learned how to use a lawnmower. I've learned that the gas we put in our weedwacker is different from the gas we use for our lawnmower. I've learned how to use a snake to unclogged the kitchen sink. I found out that I can carry a 50lbs bag of dog food. I've learned how to deal with a sick fussy baby. I've learned how to put a windshield wiper fluid. I've learned how to overcome my fears on needles when Arianna had to get her shots. And the list goes on....
Well, I am still sick. I wanna feel better but dayquil and nyquil are not working so I stopped taking them. I want this to be over because I have a lot of things to do.
This too shall pass....
Monday, May 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
deployment time is really a bittersweet time. i like this article, it's so you! :D i am proud of you! :)
Post a Comment