CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple Picking

The plan today was to go apple picking at one of the farms in Mount Vernon. But the farm that we went to didn't have any apple picking. Thanks to my wonderful husband that didn't listen to me that I wanted to go to Gordon Skagit Farm. I searched it online long time ago and my friend Angel told me about that farm too. So we ended up going at Rosabellas Garden Bakery. The name says it all. It's more like a store than a farm. I was kinda sad because they said they did apple picking last week. I told my husband that he should have called and asked them. And you know what he told me? "It's ok, they have apple donuts". He bought some donuts. They are actually really good. Now I can say that I had apple donuts. HAHA! 

 So we were driving around and I told Tony that we should check La Conner. It's a nice little town. Then while cruising around, we saw this bridge. We got curious where it leads to.




Little did we know that we were heading to an Indian Reservation. It's really far from the civilization. I told Tony to turn around but he didn't. I was getting scared because it wasn't a busy road. I know, I sound crazy but I am just being me. Finally, we found the hi-way. Good grief.

I told my husband that I really wanted to pick some apples. So on the way home, we saw this property that has an apple tree. We asked if we could pick some and the lady was nice and said yes.



Yeah, sometimes I wish I was tall. hehe!

Then, when we got done picking, there was a grandpa  sitting in his car waiting for us. We didn't realize that he was watching us. He was parked behind our car. You know me, I get scared easy. Good thing I was with my husband. So the grandpa just asked us if we had the permission to be on that property and we said yes and he took off.

Then we went to this farm by Crescent Harbor that has a big "Cider" sign. We went there and pick some more apples.


Arianna's first apple picking.

I also have to document my first apple picking.

APPLES
When we got home, I washed all the apples and ate one. Then after I got done eating it, I asked my husband if there's such thing as a poisonous apple. He laughed and looked at me and said "only the one that Snow White ate". I guess I make my husband happy when I ask him some of my " not-so-smart" questions. I liked his answer though. Haha!

I have heard that apples grow in the Philippines. I don't know if that's true or not. I haven't seen one. All I know is that there's a lot of mango and guava trees in the Philippines. You can get it for free if you have friends that have them in their yards. But here in the U.S . guavas and mangos are expensive but you can pick apples for free or you can buy them. =)

2 comments:

lavinia

hahah i like the part when u said if there's such thing as a poisonous apple. :)) but overall, i like this story ;) i wish i was there to pick some apples too! arianna looks soo big now! and hey, maybe next year nate said i wil lgo and visit you guys again :P

kiss arianna for meeee!!! :P

Filipino Mama

You and Nate should visit around summer so you guys can pick fresh strawberries then around fall so u can pick pumpkins and apples. =)

Post a Comment