CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Garden Updates

I had some problems with slugs in my garden. They ate my lettuce!!! Ugh! Anyway, I bought some salt and I put it outside my garden box. The salt didn't work. Good thing my husband got to get home for a week and he bought some beer for my garden. It actually worked. My husband told me to just get rid of all the lettuce in my garden because they're dying anyway. I told him I have faith in them. Lol and it made him laughed.

The weather is really crappy this year in Washington. I think it's not a good year to have a garden. Some of my plants died and some of them are dying.

But there's a light at the end of  the tunnel. My broccoli plants are doing good!


Lettuce
 I think they're surviving!

Onions
Some of them died.


Beans and snow peas.

Herbs. My basil died but I got a new one.



my dying tomato plants. :(

1 comments:

Angel

You know I just remembered if you save your egg shells and let them dry out, you can crumble them, and sprinkle them in your garden. It will slice up the slugs, plus fertilize your dirt! I used to do it years ago, but I got sick of always having drying egg shells in the house! I did it last week though, even though we haven't had any slugs since I put down the salt, I figured it would be good for the dirt.

Post a Comment