CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Homemade Wheat Bread

My husband bought me a bread maker and a loaf pan. I was excited to make wheat bread. My friend has a recipe for it.



I was so glad that the bread turned out great! Arianna and I loved it! I don't have a slicer so I just used a bread knife to cut it. I showed the picture to my husband and he told me that the bread looks good but I messed it up by cutting it all crooked. He told me that he will buy me a slicer but I said no because we don't have space for it in the kitchen. ( we have a small house with a small kitchen). Then, when we were skyping yesterday, he sent me a bunch of links for slicer. Oh husband, you make me laugh. He really is serious on buying a good slicer. :)




So here is the recipe.

Whole Wheat Bread
recipe from: Angel

Mix 6 T warm water with 1 t yeast mixed in until each grain of yeast is wet in a coffee mug
3 cups whole wheat flour 
1 cup warm water
1 ¼ t salt

2 T  butter

½ cup honey 
2 tablespoons of orange juice
 

Here's what I did.

I pour 1 cup of warm water, honey, butter, salt, and orange juice into bread machine pan. Then the flour. I made a shallow indent in the centre of the flour but not down as far as the liquid then I add the yeast.


Let the machine knead it and do the first rise(let it riseuntil doubled). Then, transfer it to a well-greased loaf pan and let it rise again for about 45 minutes. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.







Love, peace and happiness to you all!
Shellanie

0 comments:

Post a Comment